
Ahhhh, the salad spinner. One of the greatest inventions of all time if you ask me! I am so picky about salad, I only like ceasar, I don't like a lot of random veggies in my salad, and I HAVE TO HAVE A SALAD SPINNER!!! The other night I decided to make a chicken salad for dinner. As I was preparing the meal it occured to me that we didn't have a salad spinner. I had one, once upon a time, but it had holes in the bottom of it so the water would leak out. I threw it away when I moved thinking we would get one for our wedding. I didn't think about it again, until I was attempting to make a salad and I realized, we didn't get one! So I hollered at my sweet husband and he said he would run out and get one as soon as he finished cleaning our spare room. I told him "no, you have to go now!" so he looked at me funny and left for Walmart. Then I got a call saying he didn't know where they would be, and he asked someone and they didn't think they had them. He kept searching, at my request, and found them. Then it came down to selecting one of them. He wanted to get one, mid price range, but it had a pull string, and I refused to start a lawn mower when I wanted to clean my salad! So he came home with the most beautiful salad spinner I have ever seen! I'm so happy with it! But most of all I'm grateful for a husband who doesn't get irritated with his wife's quirky demands on occasion!
Next story. Believe it or not one of my lifelong goals has been to play the tamborine in a band. In high school I happened to be friends with a group of fellows who had formed a band, and after asking, begging and pleading with them to let me play the tamborine I still never had the opportunity. Well on Saturday Steven and I went to a show on campus called "Buckets and Tap Shoes." It's this group of 4 guys who can tap dance, play the drums, the guitar and the bass, and they put on a really good show! Steven was whooping and hollering the whole night. For their ancore, they invited people up on stage. I didn't think much of it until one of the band members held up a tamborine, and invited us to come and play. I literally used my elbows to push people out of the way and fulfil one of my dreams! It was so funny! Steven lauged so hard when he saw me book it up there! In the end I was one of about 30 people up on stage, and one of a handful of tamborine players, but it doesn't matter! I was so thrilled!!!!!All in all it was a pretty good week! Now all I have to do is write my novel and I can die happy!
2 comments:
Abby your blog looks great I love it and you of course love Suzann
you are too funny - Tamborines huh, never would have guessed!!!!
Post a Comment