Okay, let's be honest here. Teaching is SO HARD! There is so much of everything to do! I've been talking to a few girls in some of my classes and they've been complaining about how busy they are and how hard everything is. I totally agree with them, but the difference with the way I feel about it is I just love it! I will admit when you're taking a bunch of classes and all you get to interact with is professors and fellow college aged women you get stuck in the paper-work of it all. But when you actually get to apply everything you've learned, and all of that paper-work mumbo jumbo, and interact with the children its SO WORTH IT!
For those of you who don't know I'm working in a Kindergarten classroom on Wednesdays and Fridays for one of my classes. I just love these kids. They are so cute! I could talk about each one of them for hours! I have one student, his name is David, he has a hard time with his letters and the sounds they make. It's so hard struggling with him, and yet its so rewarding to firgure out ways to help him understand. There's another student who has a hard time concentrating, he's pretty much all over the place, and a little dosy (as my mother would say). Today I tested him on his letters, numbers, shapes, and colors. He passed with flying colors and I was so proud of him. He sounded out the letters in the words and did such a good job! HOW REWARDING! My favorite student (I know I can't play favorites yadda yadda) his name is Schylar. On the first day of class he wouldn't say a word to me. Finally after a few days of making sure I waved hello everyday and made silly faces at him as much as possible just letting him be shy, he said a few words to me! SUCESS! But today was the best! He saw me walking down the hall and a huge grin spread across his cute little face and I waved and told him how happy I was to see him and to see him smiling at me! I have no idea what his home life is like, or why he doesn't like, recess, or why he won't interact very well with the other kids, but I can't tell you how joyous it was to see him happy to see me!
I'm sure people are going to get bored with my blog because I write so much, but...I have a lot to say!
I am just amazed at the mercy of our Heavenly Father. Due to recent events in my life I am more convinced now than ever before that He knows us each personally. He knows our strengths, weaknesses, joys, pains, quirks, desires, and every small detail about who we are now and who we will become. I am so happy to say my Father in Heaven knows me better than I even know myself. If it weren't for this fact I would be headed on who knows what kind of path of fake happiness! I look back and see where I have messed up, where I have succeeded, and most importantly where I have grown. I am so happy whrere I am in life, despite my many imperfections.
2 comments:
You are amazing and will make such a great teacher but wait a minute wasn't i the one who always said that ha ha love mom
I agree - I love that you are happy and am so proud that you are pursuing this dream! Love you and i'm happy to do whatever you need just let me know!
Post a Comment