
So we've seen a couple of good movies recently. Last night we watched the Spiderwick Chronicles. It was pretty good, but the night before we watched Amazing Grace. It's PG which you don't find a lot of now adays, and I just loved it! It's a story of the politician who worked so hard to get Parliament to pass a law outlawing the slave trade. It's very inspiring and I found myself so grateful for the way the Lord has guided and directed key players in our world's history to bring about His work and glory. If you're looking for a film to watch as a family I fell in love with the remake of Jhonny Lingo! I didn't want to watch it before because I thought it would be too cheesy and I expected it to fail in comparison with the classic BYU film. Well I was wrong. My adorable fiance convinced me to watch it and I thought it was adorable! I'm looking forward to owning it myself and one day watching it with my little family.
Steven served his mission almost 7 months ago in Uraguay. He learned to speak Spanish there and also has the opportunity to use it at work on occasion. Here at school they have the option for you to test out of language classes. You take three tests and get two letter grades and a pass or fail grade equalling in 12 credits. The average score on the Spanish test is an A on the first a B on the second and a Pass on the third (meaning you don't do well enough to accept a grade so you take the pass). Well Steven took these tests today, he needs this next semester (fall) and one more credit in order to get his associates degree. He hardly studied for the test so we were both a little nervous but he did so good!!! He got a 91 on the first test a 95 on the second and a 98 on the third!!!! I'm so proud of him! He met me after class to let me know how he did on the test and you could tell he was so surprised that he did so well, but so pleased. He told me that while he was taking the test he thought about me and decided that he wanted to do well so I would be proud of him! I had to blog about it because I think he is amazing! He has so much potential and he's incredibly smart! I'm so lucky to be marrying such a capable individual, and his good looks are just a bonus!
The end of the semester is quickly approaching and I'm getting so excited to be home and to get married! We did figure out what we are going to do for the reception. We want to have root beer floats and purple cows and sprite floats as well. We're looking into getting fountain drinks instead of buying a bunch of two liter soda bottles. If anyone has hook-ups let me know! That's all I can think of at the moment! Life is great, my only concern is catching up on my schoolwork but I'll be able to take care of that no problem! :)
2 comments:
Abby I love the look of the blog and I am so proud of Steven as well. so excited to see you both tonight love Mom
LOVE the new look!!! Hope you had a good trip down with the families, we love you!!!!!
Post a Comment