Monday, June 16, 2008
Just another update!
Sorry about the lack of posts, I guess you readers are used to it by now though! Thanks for all the well wishes with the engagement. We are still incredibly happy and with every new day I become more and more convinced that Steven and I are meant for each other. We've done really well in planning the wedding. It's amazing how things have just come together in a very affordable way! I have my dress, we've planned the flowers, booked the rentals, booked the cake, panned some centerpieces; which reminds me...I'm going to need some scrapbooking help friends! Any of you who might be interested I would love to have a scrapbook party with you sometime when I get home from school in July. I need to scrapbook about 24 copies of the same 18 pages for the reception. A special shout out to my Aunt Brandi, I'll bet we could convince Steve to come and help Ryan watch the kids one night so I could elicit your help!!! They'll be simple since I have to make so many, but I need good craftsmen! Alright, tangent over...anyway we have gotten a lot done and the days continue to click by! As of today the countdown is at 53 days left. It's less than two months away and I can't believe it!! We're still working on the announcements and hopefully we'll have those out the second week of July. We are still trying to figure out what we can serve at the reception. I want it to be something different, something quirky! We were thinking of going with otter pops, just cause Steven and I love them, but I think I would want something else to serve with that!? If anyone has any ideas that would be great! School is going well, I'm sick of being here and I'm not looking forward to going in the fall just cause I'm worn out, but I'm sure after the break I'll be rejuvinated enough to kick back in for my final two semesters. Steven is thinking more about going into Biology with a focus on environmental biology. I've decided whatever he's going to be happy with is best for us. He just got a new job at Verizon wireless here in town, which was such an answer to prayer! He was working for a framing company in Idaho falls, so he had to drive 30mins there and back, and he didn't really feel comfortable with it, they didn't train him very well and they weren't very patient. It was rough for a few weeks and then there was no work for him to do for about 3 more weeks! That was really frustrating! So we began job hunting and now Steven works with my roommate Ali and her boyfriend Sam. He seems to be the floater, with weird hours in weird locations which is kind of irritating to me, since it makes me think they don't consider him a full time employee, and boy oh boy do we need him to be a full time employee. But the plus side is that he's close, the work is good for him since he gets to interact with people, he gets paid comission, and he doesn't have to shower when he gets home from work!! We figured out where we are going to live too! The second counselor in our bishopric, Brother Wolther, is moving out of his house and he suggested that we might be able to move in once their out. They rent from this couple in Idaho Falls, I think, and they have the whole upper floor to themselves. The basement has been converted into 3 rooms for 6 girls to rent out. I wouldn't wish their living space on my worst enemy! Rachel, Brother Wolther's wife, says she doesn't do much with the renting. She doesn't advertize for it, she doesn't worry if it gets full or not, she just takes care of them once they sign up! Right now only one girl is living there, which sounds good, but still! Our area of the house is great though! It's a cute little place right across the road from Porter Park, which is pretty close to campus. We have two bedrooms 1 bath, a kitchen and a living room area. We have a backyard with a shed, and a washer and dryer. Steven and I already have plans on improving the space! I think we're really going to enjoy our first place together! That's about all I can think of, ok not really but I have to start on some homework!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad you updated this I love hearing the wedding plans!! It seems like things are going well...I'm glad to hear it. Keep posting!!! Love ya!
You didn't show a pic of your dad under the family stuff other than that I loved reading about every thing love you so much MOM
IT's a Date!!! Love you, love the update! I just posted all your cousins blog adresses on my blog so you will have to check them all out!! Love you!!!
Post a Comment