Thursday, January 15, 2009

Here We Go!

Life is Good!

Can you spot the apple?

The snow drifts as you walk to our front door in Rexburg.

Look how high the snow is at our cute little house!

After a long day of snowboarding, Cooper faked sleeping!


I'm not on my butt! It's a miracle!

The gang before we hit the slopes. It was Megan's first time snowboarding!

Snowball fight with Cooper, you just can't see him cause he's running away!
I am knitting and Steven is crocheting! Ah, to have no obligations!
Feeling festive! (I love you baby!)

Wow I have so much to update about!
We had a wonderful holiday season. We were able to take the full three weeks off of school since Steven quit his job at Verizon and as we left he got another job, where he is at currently, working with the USDA. Maybe I'll have him post about it for everyone if we get enough comments from people who don't already know about it or even care! We spent the break spending way too much money on shopping and snowboarding, seeing family and friends, and just relaxing with no commitments. It was glorious! We had a snowy Christmas in Utah and we loved being home taking care of my sweet Mommy and hanging out with my brothers and sister. We were able to take care of our favorite almost three year old, Creed, and enjoyed every minute of it. Steven went snowboarding a total of almost 9 times in the three weeks we were in Utah. He said it was the most he's ever been, even during a whole season of snow! It was a lot of fun for him, and when he's happy I'm happy! We went and saw seven pounds, which I thought was excellent, and we saw Yes Man, which I thought was funny but had some extremely inappropriate parts so see it with discretion. Really I can't say enough how wonderful of a vacation it was for us! We love Utah and we love being with family. It made us anxious to move back! (end of July!)
We drove home the first weekend in January and the weather was perfect coming back up. Then we pulled into the frozen wasteland of Rexburg and saw 10 foot snow piles on the side of the road. We pulled into our driveway and were disgusted! I'm very happy this is my last winter here! Steven started his job that Monday and I stayed home until I started school on Wednesday. As you know we bought a MAC and I think Steven tells me at least once a day how glad he is that we got it! I must agree with him! It's such a smooth computer! It's got a million features we get to discover every time we use it! And we consider it to be our child since it cost about as much as it would to have a child. I'm loving school right now and in an effort to keep you reading I'm going to post about it later. This not so little entry was just to express my appreciation to those who made our first holiday season together so wonderful. It was fantastic to get to see you all and I promise I think about you all the time. For those of you we didn't get to see, stay in touch and we'll try to get together soon! I am so grateful for the many amazing miracles in my life and my heart is full when I reflect on everyone's influence on my family and on my own testimony. Thanks to everyone! (pictures are from present to past)

5 comments:

busymama said...

yeah! So glad you had such a great time, we love you guys!!!!

suzanne campbell said...

Abby girl how fun to see the pics did you send them to dad? So excited to see you both soon we had a wonderful christmas also love you mom

Riland and Jamie Duka said...

Abby your so cute! I love your pictures!

Taci said...

Wait, you're in Rexburg? I thought you would be in Vegas! Did you know I live in Idaho Falls? If so, why haven't we seen eachother?

Salty Gal said...

I hate Idaho snow and the cold...YUCK

background