Friday, June 18, 2010

Pregnancy Episode


This may be a surprise to some of you, but not so much to others. Steven and I are having a baby in January. I'm about 11 weeks along and we had our first doctor's appointment last Tuesday. We got to hear the heartbeat and see the peanut moving around a little. I've felt really really good so far. I've gotten queasy occasionally but overall I really feel like I'm making up the whole thing. I was fully anticipating our doctor's appointment proceeding as such; "I'm sorry but there's not a baby in here!" It was indescribable to see the heart flickering on the screen and know this is real. It was a very "life is bigger than you are" kind of a moment.

Since my symptoms have been minimal when I do feel pregnant it's worth documenting. I had one of those moments last night. I'm not an extremely emotional person, I hate crying, but with the baby occasionally I'll tear up or loose it over something simple. The opposite happened to me last night. Steven and I stayed up till about 11:30 or so and as we were getting ready for bed I realized I had the giggles pretty bad. I started laughing about something, I don't even remember what, and I could not stop!!! My laughter became a mix of giggles and hysterical crying! Tears were running down my face, snot was running from my nose and I had more spit in my mouth than I knew what to do with. This whole time I'm in the bathroom while Steven almost passed out in bed just staring at his wife turning into a psycopath. I kept thinking about how ridiculous I must look and how akward I felt and that just made me laugh harder! I'm blaming this episode on the baby and my hormones because it makes me feel better about myself!

5 comments:

megantonesforever said...

Yippie, baby on the way! I'm excited for you!

Jessica :) said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting!! I am thrilled for you! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy - I hope you don't get really sick at all! Keep us updated!

Emily said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! You'll have to keep your blog updated on your pregnancy!

Suzanne said...

so funny love you the grandma

Anonymous said...

hahaha that's awesome! CONGRATS!!! I hope the pregnancy continues to go well. I will call you soon...I agree we should get together :)

background