Sunday, December 5, 2010

35 Weeks

WOW! I can't believe the difference between my last post and today. I thought I was pretty big then...can I get any bigger? This little girl is quite the mover and shaker. It's been fun, but now I'm ready to meet her in person and get my body back. I can't wait to buy clothes again that make me feel skinny! Don't worry I'm realistic and realize this won't happen right away but I am still counting down the days until I feel fairly "normal" again. We start going to the doctor every week after our next appointment and that's when I think it will hit me! I've got two more weeks of school before Christmas break and then I'm making a clean cut out of there until March when I return from my maternity leave. For those of you who know we were surprised that my school didn't offer paid maternity leave, we've managed to work that out with them. I was able to voice my concerns and we've created another option that will work out pretty well for us. I'm just extremely grateful they were willing to work with me on it. Steven and I have been "nesting" together. First, we tackled the baby's room and, with a few craft projects I'm saving for the weeks I'm not at work, along with a dresser, her room is fairly completed. Yesterday we organized all of our closets and extra junk that needed a place. We are still surprised at how clean everything looks. We are feeling more and more involved in our ward family and are loving it! I was first put on the Relief Society committee, which I really enjoyed. Then I was released about a month later and Steven and I were extended the call to join the Activities committee. When that was disbanded, Steve was put as the second counselor in the Young Mens over the Deacon's quorum. Then after a few side comments to the Bishop by myself, my friend Jill and the Relief Society president I was put back on the Relief Society committee, which makes me very happy. We are busy, busy and are hoping that our hearts are in the right place as we serve in the Park 3rd ward.
I'm so ready for this baby to come and yet anxious for all that will entail. I've been thinking back on the past few months and the things we've been facing, and are still facing. I've reflected on the fear, anxiety, and confusion I felt at the time. All along I've known the Lord would provide for us; and I feel like He has. These experiences have helped me recognize my imperfect faith. I wish to have more humility and trust in Him. I wish to rely on Him more wholly in my life. I wish I could begin to express my gratitude for all He has provided, while recognizing more completely the bounteous blessings I have to enjoy. I wish to be more of an example of Him in thought, word and deed. I'm grateful for the atonement and the power to make my wishes reality. Merry Christmas friends and family...look for more posts as we get closer to baby Claire's homecoming!
P.S. I'm as crazy about my husband as I've ever been! He's the apple of my eye and I would be quite useless without him!!!

4 comments:

Jessica :) said...

You are looking so good! I know, I know - you probably don't feel like it. I completely understand that. But really, from my perspective, you're looking fantastic! The final countdown is here! Good luck with the last few weeks!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Abby you look great! I cannot believe that you are so close to having your sweet little one here!!
Good luck with the labor and delivery...I hope everything goes superb!
Can't wait to see you little one's sweet face!

Tuzi Salz said...

Abby, I was thinking the other day about you having a baby. I just know once you get that baby in your arms you are going to be a natural. You have always wanted to be a mom. Of all the pregger people I know right now, I'm most excited to see you with your baby. Claire is going to make you so happy and full of joy you won't know what to do with yourself! HA! Best of luck during the delivery!

Crystal and Kyle said...

Abby, you look fantastic! You are going to love having a girl and you are going to be such an amazing mommy!!We wish you the best. We would love to come visit after things settle down with the baby :)

background