Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A few thoughts

I figured it was about time for me to blog.
I went back to work about 4 weeks ago and it went a lot better than I thought it would. I realized that I enjoyed my job and I think I could be willing to stick it out for a little longer.
I've been thinking about a couple of things, because of my job, that I wanted to share.
Last Friday we had a field trip to the planetarium. We watched a video on the planets and it got me thinking about how wonderful this universe is. I really felt the spirit testify that this is no accident. We are the perfect distance from the sun, the only planet in our solar system with life, and everything we need in order to survive right here. My students are also learning about Civil Rights leaders. I read a story about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. yesterday and it's amazing to me how even my students could feel the spirit testify of the greatness of this man and the truth he taught. The book talks about the way Dr. King taught of love changing people instead of hate and violence. When we talked about his murder my students were all so shocked that he was killed. We discussed people's beliefs and once again I felt the spirit teaching us. I, of course, didn't bring that to my student's attention, but I've reflected on it personally. I feel so grateful for the knowledge of the Holy Ghost and it's whisperings so that I can recognize those moments of truth all around me.
Life is good. I'm trying to teach Claire how to put herself to sleep and it's not much fun but I know it's important. She's doing well and getting bigger everyday! She brings so much joy into our lives. I'll be posting videos.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Yeah! I can read your blog now! :) Anyway, isn't it funny how much we can remember from lessons we were taught when we were younger?

background