Wednesday, September 18, 2013

New Events

After updating the look of the blog I figured it was time to add another post.  A lot has happened in our lives and I'd like to give a quick run down of the current Bonney events.

  • We moved in with my parents in April, anticipating their move to Washington D. C. in July
  • The army didn't send orders for my dad in July and we all waited for word
  • I ended the school year with hopes of being able to stay home, pending a new job for Steve
  • He was able to land a job that supports our family a week before we brought Leah into the world ~ What a blessing!
  • Leah Raye Bonney was born @ 12:50 p.m. on August 4, 2013 (birth story later)
  • My parents packed up and moved across the country for 3-7 years on Sep. 2nd
  • We are currently taking care of their home and my brother as he finishes out his senior year
I've learned quite a lot from the past few months.  I have realized the best way to live your life is with confidence that Heavenly Father knows you and wants to take you where you need to go.  Our ultimate goal is to become like Him and He knows how to make that happen.  Our timeline is not the Lord's timeline.  We were unsure about taking over the house, here in Draper, because we felt our number one goal needed to be my staying at home.  Living here costs a bit more money and we didn't want me working out of the home to support our lives in Draper.  We contemplated many different plans, never feeling good about one specific route and felt the Lord continue to lead us towards patience in Him.  As the dates to make decisions came miracle after miracle flooded our lives.  I am so humbled that the Lord saw fit to carry us to this point in life.  I'm extremely grateful that I get to be at home.  When it gets hard I remind myself of the sacrifices made and the thousands upon thousands of prayers I said to get me to this point.  I may not get a paycheck every two weeks but I have faith that the payoff for my children will be worth it.  I am a better mother because of my years away from the home.  My heart will forever empathize with mothers who may not be able to be home and know the pain associated with such a lifestyle.  I also know many women who are still working and I know the kind of mothers that they are!  They are examples for us all of balancing so many responsibilities and meeting them all with a tall back and strong mind focused on a goal of giving their family the best life they possibly can.  I am grateful to my Father in Heaven for continually teaching me and demonstrating his love.  












No comments:

background