Hello blogging world! I've been reading and hearing a lot about the blogging mothers out there and woman's natural tendencies to compare and fall short. We've managed to create a world revolving around social media and the unrealistic world of "perfect" lives, with "perfect" things, and "perfect" families! It's time to let our guards down and join in the imperfection of all being human!
What a gift to know and realize that you are imperfect. Our dependency on the Savior is vital and only utilized when we accept our weaknesses and failures. This life, and the experiences we have, are designed to teach us to rely on our Savior. How can we do that if we aren't willing to mess up? The key is messing up and setting things right, towards improvement, using the atonement.
My mind draws to a talk given by an apostle of the Lord, President Uchtdorf. He stated in the October 2013 general conference address entitled, "You Can Do it Now," "No one likes to fail. And we particularly don’t like it when others—especially those we love—see us fail. We all want to be respected and esteemed. We want to be champions. But we mortals do not become champions without effort and discipline or without making mistakes. Brethren, our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and move forward. "
I confess to you readers today that I am a failure. Some days I yell at my kids, loose my patience, pass judgement, feel inadequate, make frozen pizza for dinner, let my kids watch tv all day, and essentially mess up! The beauty of those days are that I can knell by my bedside (even when I don't feel worthy) and acknowledge my failures to my loving Heavenly Father. I know he will hear me, I know he will comfort me, I know he will forgive me, and most importantly I know he will enable me with power, beyond my own human capacities, to start again and improve the next day! This is truly a miracle! Where would I be without this knowledge and power!?
My point of all this is to encourage others to feel joy for those around us who are seeking to celebrate the "good" (sometimes seeming "perfect") moments in life. Don't wish away your reality for the life of someone you know through media, you never know the burdens they cary and, in most situations, would never want to be the one carrying them! Let's hold hands when we fail, encourage each other to improve and bring our brothers and sisters to the reality of Christ, knowing that He is the only one who can save us!
I bear witness of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. What a magical time of the year to seek after Him and rejoice in his mercy and knowledge of all things. Merry Christmas to you all and I hope you come closer to Him this holiday season!

No comments:
Post a Comment