Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mamma Mia!

So my Mom, my Grandma and I went and saw Mamma Mia today. Despite the obvious sexual references the movie was really good! Surprisingly my mom absolutely loved it! Who'd have guessed it!? We came home and immediately bought the soundtrack! I'm listening to it right now! I absolutely loved the actress who played Sophie (Amanda Seyfried), she was adorable and had the best voice out of all of the cast! Meryl Streep did a very good job as well, she danced and ran around the whole movie! She put great emotion into the songs, which I appreciate, and in fact made my mom cry and my grandma want to hold our hands! (geez!) The most awkward part (other than the gay references at the end) was watching Pierce Brosnan sing his heart out! Very awkward! Overall it was great entertainment, and the scenery was breathtaking! I can always appreciate another good musical!

3 comments:

Arica said...

I just saw Mamma Mia on Tuesday and I liked it as well. I want the soundtrack so bad, I think I'll go out and buy it this weekend. :) I'm not sure I loved the movie so much as the songs and the way they put a spin on Abba. Also Amanda Seyfried was AWESOME and can sing so well. I was skeptical because she was in "Mean Girls" and I didn't know her from anything else, but she blew me away.

You're almost married!! EEEK! :)

Laralyn said...

I totally agree! I really liked it as well, I thought it was a lot better than the broadway version, but I also have to admit it does have it's downsides... When are we going to see some wedding pictures?? I keep checking and hoping!

Ann Marie said...

OH I LOVED MAMA MIA!! It was so wonderful!! I agree about everything you wrote! Weird about colin firth...and pierce brosnan is sure gettin old! But I LOVE ABBA!! It was awesome!!
PS: I know Julie Tucker cuz she was my roomie one semester, before she got hitched! How do you know her?? We used to have cool dance parties in our room, all the other roomies were jealous :) Haha!! I'm excited you have a blog!

background