Saturday, November 15, 2008

What's going on!?

I'll bet you've all appreciated my random tags I've been doing lately but you must be wondering, "What's going on in our lives!?" I'm writing to update! HOORAY!
Last things first, Halloween:
We invited some couples over for a Murder Mystery Dinner Party (Hawaiian theme). It was so much fun! I'm so grateful for our friends. We all got pretty involved in the story, which was awesome, and it turns out my husband killed Mr. Diamond. I had no idea! It was so much fun!
Next...we've gotten in the habit of randomly surprising my family by showing up in Utah without prior notice. Just last weekend Steven didn't have to work on Saturday so he suggested we show up for Cooper's championship football game! It was so much fun! Steven and his brother went snowboarding in the morning, while I got to hang out with my Mom. Then they met up with us at Cooper's game and cheered him on as they won the title!
And now I'm writing to you from Mountain Home Idaho. We've come to see our new nephew Rustyn Lee Bonney! He's absolutely adorable! I held him earlier today and as you can see from the pictures he had his eyes open the whole time. I just watched him look around and learn! He's a very good baby and he's only 4 days old!
In other news, our ward split again and we're in the new ward, the 91st. We're in a building on campus now instead of a ward building, which means I sit in a desk 6 days of the week! I've also been called to serve as second counselor in the Relief Society. I'm excited to serve the women in our ward and to work with the presidency I'm in. It should be an exciting semester balancing my practicum and Steven and my calling! Because I'm going to be so busy I won't be able to work next semester. My boss has been interviewing other students to fill my position and it's been surprisingly hard! I'm so sad to be leaving this job. I've been working on campus for 3 years now! My boss is like a father to me! I've loved working for him, and I'm so grateful for the wonderful priviledge I've had to become friends with such a kind man and his good family. I'll be stayin on payroll in case he ever needs me to come in if I've got some time. This post has been long enough so I'll update again in a few days! I love you all!

4 comments:

busymama said...

Looks like a great party!!! I'm so glad you are having such a great time, you will be a great asset to the RS president and sisters! We love you!!

Robbie said...

abby, you're amazing! i wish i got some of those random, without prior notice visits! hope life is good! i'm still amazed that we haven't seen each other yet!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope you know the latest post on our blog was written by Greg! What a dork!

Love,
Angie

Crystal and Kyle said...

Hey Abby, Glad to hear things are going well. Ben and Kristen say that they get to hang out with you guys. I'm jealous but glad that they are able to have good friends up there. Sounds like your so busy. Good luck with finishing up school. Hope to see you soon.

background