Tuesday night I went to bed feeling normal and woke up Wednesday morning around 2:30 a.m. with some heavy contractions. They started off slow but progressively got closer together. I woke Steven up around 3:30 a.m. and we began keeping track of the time apart. Around 5:30 the contractions were 5 minutes apart so we decided to get up and get ready to go to the hospital. We took our time, hoping I'd keep progressing enough that we wouldn't be sent home. We checked into the hospital around 8:00 and was sent to Triage where my AMAZING nurse Traci said I was dialated to a 4+!!! I was so happy!
We got sent to our delivery room and met with the doctor who sent in the anesthesiologist. I got my epidural minutes later and my mom showed up to wait with us. I was about a 7 around 10:00 and the doctor broke my water around 11:30. There was some merconium in the fluid so we were prepared with extra nurses at delivery time. I was given a little bit of pitocin to keep things moving and it made me shakey. We waited around a little longer and began pushing at 2:00. I pushed for about an hour and forty-five minutes then the doctor came in. He watched me push once and decided an episiotomy was a good idea. With my next set of pushes I had brought a baby girl into the world.
She was swept onto my stomach and I got to see her sweet face. I was so overcome with emotion I cried and cried. She was then handed to the nurses and they intibated her trying to get all the fluid she swallowed out of her lungs. They got two viles of yucky fluid from her after trying for a good 30-45 minutes.
I was really pleased with my epidural experience. The doctor was great, and I was still able to maintain some control. I was more numb on my right side than my left so I could tell when I was having a contraction because of a small tugging/pinching on my left side. As I was pushing I could feel the pressure which helped me feel more in control. The only downside was the epidural was wearing off as I was getting stitched up. It was incredibly painful and an experience I honestly wasn't expecting.
Steven was an amazing partner through the whole thing. He was by my side and watched his baby come into the world. She was born at 3: 50 p.m. weighing in at 8 lbs. and measuring 21.25 inches. It was an incredible experience, one I'm not ready to repeat for a while!
I'm so thankful for a healthy baby and a great delivery experience. Thanks for your love and support. Enjoy the pictures of our beautiful baby girl! Since she is so cute we've decided to go private with the blog so send me your emails if you would like to keep reading.
13 comments:
She is beautiful!! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went well and that's here now. Enjoy motherhood! It is a wonderful experience! You guys will be great.
I'd like an invite to keep reading.
musicalmaestro {at} gmail {dot} com
Your baby is so beautiful! I'm afraid that my kids are going to come out all pinched and old man looking... But Claire is perfect! Congrats, and I want to see you soon! oh, and I definitely want to follow, so let me in on the private blog!
She's so cute! So beautiful! Congrats to you two! Her hair is adorable. Parenthood is the BEST! Hope everything is going super well. Glad to hear she finally came... it's a fun waiting game isn't it?!
We'd love an invite Abby!
hshurtliff@gmail.com
Congratulations!!!! She is a doll! We need to come see her! I'll call you to figure out a time :). Oh and of course we want to be included in on the blog. I'll text you my email :).
Yeah!!! We are so happy for you guys, she is beautiful. You are going to love being a mommy, and I know you will be a great one. Congrats!
She's darling! Congratulations! I hope you 3 are doing well and adjusting well to each other. :-) I'd love to be invited to keep up with your blog.
tuckerjwest(at)hotmail(dot)com.
I am still in love with this little girl! My very own niece... I'm so happy for you guys! #1. You make really beautiful babies and #2. you'll be great parents and #3. I'm going to be a great uncle! Congrats! Please make sure I'm in on this private blog business!
She is such a doll! I can't wait to come hold her again! Add me to the private list. I'm pretty sure you have it :)
Congratulations!!! I love reading the labor stories, so thanks for posting it. She is absolutely beautiful! I would love to keep reading your blog, my email is emily.mellor@hotmail.com
Oh Abby she is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Claire! I am so glad that everything went well!
I would love to keep reading your blog so here is my email:
khudson19@yahoo.com
Congrats on your new addition!
Just Gorgeous. You were meant to be a mommy--Claire is a lucky baby!
Congratulations. Can't wait to see more!
tladean@comcast.net
Hooray she is here! Good job Abby, it's tough bringing another life into this world. So glad she is healthy and with great parents.
meggles1212@yahoo.com
She looks so sweet. Way to go Abby. Tyandsuzfamily@gmail.com
Post a Comment