

Let's begin with a sad story...I had to take my wedding rings off around week 30 because my feet began to swell to max capacity and I was worried my fingers might swell also. I've been pining to put them back on since I had the baby . I've tried 4 or 5 times with no luck. On Saturday I decided I would lotion up my hands and slip them on, no big deal! THEY GOT STUCK! I got them on with no problem but once they were on my finger started to swell. I have three wedding bands (as seen in the photo above) and I guess they were a little much for my post pregnancy ring finger. I started freaking out and Steve suggested I relax and let my finger adjust. So we went out for a few hours and came home with my finger just as swollen as when we'd left. We tried everything!!! It hurt really bad so we eventually had to go to a local jeweler and get them cut off! I felt so stupid! I just wanted to wear my wedding rings again and because I did they're now desecrated! Sad day! We'll get them repaired in a few weeks time and this will just be a story for the ages, but for now we're kind of upset about it!
I've had a few thoughts about being a Mom recently that I thought I would share. I've been reflecting on what I was prepared for and what I've had to adjust to. I was fully prepared for the recovery. I knew it would be rough and I knew it wouldn't be too much fun. I was not prepared for the panic of wanting to take care of my baby, but instead having to take care of myself! I was fully prepared for the overwhelming love that comes with having your own child. I was not prepared for the overwhelming worry! I've always felt worrying doesn't help a person get anywhere so I've tried to make better use of my time. Now that I'm a mom I'll suddenly have a thought pop into my head that my baby might not be breathing! I worry about her future and everything else under the sun. When she was born I was fully prepared to loose sleep! I was not prepared to have the best baby in the world! She sleeps a solid 6-8 hours every night. I love watching my sweet husband love and adore her. We are absolutely smitten and are loving each minute we have with our baby. Claire is a piece of heaven!
3 comments:
Motherhood is so amazing! I am a worry wart too! It's crazy. You are so lucky that she sleeps that great. I am soooo jealous!!! We need to get together so that I can see her. Text me whenever you feel up to having visitors!
That is SO sad about your wedding rings! I'm so sorry! I still can't believe she is sleeping so well for you. I think it's required that every new mom has to be sleep deprived :). I just knew you would be pro at the whole motherhood thing and you definitely are!
I LOVED this post Abby. You summed up motherhood perfectly!
I am so sorry to hear about your rings, I am sure one day you will look back and laugh. :o)
Post a Comment